Short-Term Rental Units are dwelling units offered to transient guests for a period of less than thirty (30) days (Airbnb, VRBO or the like). Such units are subject to the provisions of Section 102-580(h). Short-term rentals are allowed in any Neighborhood zoning district subject to the issuance of a conditional use permit. Short-Term Rental Units may also be subject to a Lodging License from Hennepin County.
102-580(h) SHORT TERM RENTALS
- Short-term rentals must comply with all applicable licensing and permit requirements of the city and Hennepin County.
- No more than 6 adults and their dependent children may occupy rooms within a short-term rental.
- Short-term rentals are not permitted on lots occupied by accessory dwelling units.
- External structural alternations or site improvements that change the residential character of the lot upon which a short-term rental is located are prohibited. Examples of such prohibited alternations include the construction of a parking lot, the addition of commercial-like exterior lighting, and signage.
- A register of short-term rental guests must be maintained and made available to the city upon request.
- Short-term rentals may not be used for special events to be attended by individuals