Shady Oak Beach
|Other Link||Minnetonka Shady Oak Beach Page|
- 76 Feet of Sandy Beach Shoreline
- Birthday Party Packages
- Canoe, Kayak and Paddleboard Rentals
- Community Play Area
- Concession Stand
- High Dive
- Picnic Shelter
- Restrooms / Changing Areas
- Sand Volleyball Court
Shady Oak Beach Opens for season June 10
Reserve a Picnic Shelter
Picnic shelters can be reserved through Minnetonka Recreation Services at least seven days in advance. Visit the City of Minnetonka website for more information.
A fee is required to enter Shady Oak Beach. Customers can
choose from a season pass, one-day admission fee or a 10-visit punch
card. Children two years and younger are free. Children under the age
of 12 must be accompanied by an adult.
One-Day Admission Rate
- General Admission: $6 per person
- Twilight Rate (after 6 p.m.): $3 per person
- 10-Visit Punch Card: $40
2022 Season Pass Rates
- Resident: $13/pass
- Non-resident: $26/pass
Season Pass Purchasing Options
- Minnetonka Recreation Services (14600 Minnetonka Boulevard), Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. VISA, MasterCard and Discover are accepted.
- Shady Oak Beach (5200 Shady Oak Road) during operating hours. Cash, check (made payable to "Minnetonka Recreation Services"), VISA, MasterCard and Discover are accepted.
- Call Minnetonka Recreation Services at 952-939-8203, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. VISA, MasterCard and Discover are accepted.
- Renewing your season pass or purchasing a new pass may be done online at minnetonkamn.gov/register.
Group reservations are available from noon-6 p.m. daily. Contact Minnetonka Recreation Services at 952-939-8203 at least seven days in advance to reserve time for a group.
- Resident: $5 per person
- Non-resident: $6 per person
- Chaperones and bus drivers are free