Rental property support funding now available
Emergency funding is now available to support owners of affordable rental housing in Hennepin County. To help cover costs of unpaid rent, rental property owners can apply for housing assistance funds on behalf of tenants who have been financially impacted by COVID-19.
Eligible applicants include affordable housing rental property owners in Hennepin County who can:
- Document uncollected rent from March 1 through the application date
- Demonstrate rent paid for the units is below this amount:
- Efficiency: $1,448
- 1 Bedroom: $1,552
- 2 Bedroom: $1,860
- 3 Bedroom: $2,150
- 4 Bedroom: $2,400
- Provide tenant attestations of inability to pay rent due to COVID-19
Units with Section 8 Housing Choice Vouchers and Project Based Section 8 units are not eligible.
To apply for assistance:
While there is a current moratorium on evictions in the state of Minnesota, rent is still due and tenants will be responsible for unpaid rent once the moratorium is lifted.
This funding is intended to:
- Prevent tenant evictions and rising homelessness
- Reduce rental property foreclosures, sales, and rent increases
- Stabilize affordable housing owners at a time when there may be new costs to implement public health measures for tenants and employees
- Stabilize affordable housing rental markets and preserve affordable housing options into the future
For questions about this program or your application contact:
612-767-4682 ext. 121
Upcoming Meetings & Information
- None scheduled at this time
HAMA Website | Rental License Information